Monday, June 21, 2010

Zuri Lynn Zeeman

Our sweet baby girl is finally here!  She was born Saturday June 19, 2010 at 1:32 a.m.  She weighs7 lbs 1oz and is 19 inches long.  On Wednesday I had my 38 week appointment.  Everything went good.  I got my results back from my 24 hour urine test and they showed I had slight pre-eclamsia.  I was dilated to a 2 1/2 and my doctor stripped my membranes.  She said since she stripped my membranes it would give my about a thirty percent chance I would go into labor within 24 hours.  I was pretty excited once she had said that all I wanted to do is to meet my baby girl.  Well I waited forever and nothing happended until about 11 o'clock that night, and I started to get some contractions.  They weren't bad at all until it hit about 12:30 and they were somewhat bad.  I could not sleep at all.  I started timing them and they were 4-5 minutes apart and lasting about 30-45 seconds.  Well I was getting pretty excited/nervous thinking this is it.  Well I ended up calling the on call doctor to see what he had to say.  Pretty much he said just wait it out until I could not breath or talk through them.  Well I stayed up and they never intensified.  I finally fell asleep around 3ish and I woke up pretty early the next morning cause I had some back pain.  Well all Thursday I was just having a few contractions here and there and some back pain.  Friday came around and I still hadn't had any contractions like I had Wednesday night.  I was getting pretty frustrated about the whole situation; I really wanted to have her.  Well Friday I just had minor back pain.  It would just come and go.  I didn't get any contractions at all.  I ended up going to the mall, and to a wedding.  My mom ended up dropping me off at my house around 5 p.m Friday night.  Right after she had dropped me off my back pain picked up a tiny bit.  I took a nap because I thought it was because I had be up and about all day long.  I woke up once Jace got home around 6:30 and by then the pain was really picking up.  I noticed when they started, a peak, and a decline.  I ended up getting in the tub to see if that would help relieve it, and it didn't.  By the time I got out they were so bad I could not concentrate.  I just kept paseing back and forth.  Jace started loading all of our bags for the hospital in the car.  I got ready and we left.  I told Jace lets just wait it out to see if they got worse.  I think after I said that it was like 2 minutes later and I said lets just go straight to the hospital.  We got to the hospital around 9:30 p.m.  When we got there I was in so much pain.  I had no idea what was going on because all I felt was pain in my back.  I had not done any research about back labor so I had no idea what to expect.  I could hardly talk the pain was horrible.  They finally checked for dilation around 10ish and I was already at a 5 1/2!  All the nurses could hardly believe I was that far, and I was just barley coming in.  There was no doubt that I was going to have this baby.  They admited me and gave me my epidural, which was amazing.  After paseing back and forth cause my back hurt so freaking bad there was no way I would ever go natural.  They checked my dilation around 11ish and I was already dilated to a 7!  Things were moving along so fast.  The doctor then came in and broke my water and two hours later it was time to push.  I started pushinng around 1a.m and 32 minutes later our beautiful baby girl was born.  When she came out the doctor set her on my stomach and she was all blue, and was not breathing.  About 5 seconds of being on my stomach a nurse hurry and grabbed her from me, and about 6 other nurses came running in.  I was balling my eyes out and grabbing my mom's hand hoping she was okay.  I couldn't stop thinking of the worse.  Jace ran over there and watched what they were doing to her.  They pumped some air into her lungs and within a second all her color came in through out her body, and she began to cry.  Everything else went perfect.  Her tests all came back great, and she is doing amazing!  I am so greatful for a wonderful doctor and amazing nurses that have been so great to us.  We feel greatly blessed to have Zuri here and healthy.  We love her so much!!!



3 comments:

Logan and Toni said...

congrats she is beautiful!

The Hovers said...

Oh my gosh! What a darling! I love hearing all the details, glad you posted!

Heather Collins said...

Yay! We are glad she is here! She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!!!