Monday, July 7, 2008

The Big Proposal!!

Well, this weekend was the fourth of July weekend, and let me tell you it was AMAZING!! It started off so good and just kept getting better. On Friday (the fourth of July) Jace and I went up to Strawberry Reservoir. We got up there around twelveish, and unpacked everything we had brought at our camping spot. It was the most perfect weather. There was a slight breeze, and the sun was peeking through the clouds. We first started our day off by going to Strawberry lake and fishing for crawdad. I had never fished for crawdad before, and let me tell you it was so much fun!! I never thought it would have been that much fun but it was! I swear we caught over twenty of them. After we went fishing we came back to our camp site and took a little nap. Once we woke up we then went four wheeling up the mountain. The smells of the mountain leaves were unexplainable. They smelt so good! We rode so far that there wasn't another trail to ride too, and once we got to the end the view was incredible! You could see everything, from the lake to the mountains. It was amazing. That's when Jace suggested we go night ridding. He asked me if I had ever been before, and of course I never have been; so he said we would go back up once it started to get a little darker. After we rode back down we started a little fire and cooked some salmon. Jace and I then talked for a little while until it got darker. We were both so anxious to get back to that perfect spot that we sped up the mountain on the four wheeler. It was so perfect up there. We both kept wishing it would rain to make things a little bit more romantic :) Once we got up to the top Jace laid blankets and a pillow and the ground and we made a little bed, and listen to this country play list he had on his i-pod. I was so relaxed, and having so much fun being with him I couldn't stop smiling. We both sang to the first two songs on the play list. When the third song came Jace just kept smiling the whole time he was singing it. It was so cute!! The song was How Forever Feels by: Kenny Chesney. When it got to the third verse it said:
Saved two months, bought a little diamond
Tonight's the night, feels like perfect timin
Down on one knee on mamma's front steps
Man I'm gonna die if she really says yes!

and right then he pulled out the ring and said "will you marry me?" It shocked me so much!! I wasn't expecting it at all. All I could do is smile and say yes! Of course after that I started to get tears in my eyes. Everything was so romantic, and so perfect!! The rest of the night was amazing! We went back and roasted hot dogs, and looked at the stars. There was millions of stars. I don't think I have ever seen so many stars in my life, nor will I ever probably see that many stars again. It was AMAZING I had the most best time ever!!! That's all I can say :) It was the most amazing day in my life, and I will never forget it ever! I love Jace with all my heart. He is my everything, and always will be. I will always be there for him...Forever!!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Congratulations Alex!! You two will definitely have to hang out with us when you move here. Promise? ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow.. You have a blog now too. You can be in the cool club.. ha ha..

That sounds very romantic. I'm glad it was so special for you. I'm so happy for you guys. Don't turn into strangers, now that you are moving to Arizona!
:o)

Anonymous said...

wow thats very exciting!!!

veronica :)

p.s. cant wait till your wedding!!!!!!

Gardner World said...

Congrats!! That was a relly cool way to propose. I am excited that you guys are moving down here. We will have to hang out. I am excited for the wedding and am planning on being there.

:)